I love the challenge of coming up with a raw, alkaline, vegan alternative to my favorite recipes. Ajo Blanco is another of my favorite recipes. It’s a White Gazpacho made with white bread cubes and milk along with grapes and apples. I used to love the taste of it…until I was diagnosed with Celiacs disease. I’ve tried making it with gluten free bread but it never really tasted the same. So, banished to the back of my cookbook file only to come out when I could try it yet again. And now it not only magically appears on the front page of my file, I’ve made it twice and both times got rave reviews.
WHITE GAZPACHO (Ajo Blanco)
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 cups green grapes, halved
- 2 cups raw, unsalted cashews soaked overnight in good water
- 1 cup raw cashew cream
- Himalayan salt to taste (I used 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/2 cup cold pressed virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Whirl together in a high-speed blender.
Toppings: chopped cilantro, raw cashews, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds
Makes 4 servings
This will last about 2 days in the fridge.