I’ve said it a thousand times. I love cold soups in the summertime. But when I say this to my friends, I get gazpacho which I can’t eat because of my all my nightshade allergies. With so many other veggies to choose from, why do we think gazpacho when we think cold soup? I could never understand that. Eating the mostly raw vegan keto alkaline way is great because we get to try new flavors and sample new dishes or in this case bowls. I bought a boat load of celery the last week and need to use it. I came up with this new cold soup Stalking It Raw Creamy Celery Soup, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
STALKING IT RAW CREAMY CELERY SOUP
- 8 stalks of celery with leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 Small shallot, chopped
- 1/2 of a lime juiced
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 of a large avocado, chopped
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes, ground habanero pepper, or white pepper
- It’s better to do this in batches. Put half the chopped celery, garlic, shallot, 1/8 of a cup of the avocado oil, 1 cup of water, 1/4 of the avocado and whirl around until smooth and creamy. Pour into a medium bowl. Repeat with the rest of the celery, avocado, avocado oil, and 3/4 cup water and salt. Whirl until smooth and creamy. Mix into the bowl with the first batch.
- Spoon into bowls. Sprinkle with hot pepper flakes and more salt if needed. I had it with my cauliflower tortilla chips. I also swirled on another 2 tablespoonfuls of more avocado oil.
What’s really neat about this soup is you can change up it up. If you’d rather have a cold cucumber soup, use cucumbers with fresh dill instead of the red pepper flakes. If you’d rather it be a creamed spinach soup, just add spinach. Just remember to keep the avocado and oil to keep it keto!
Stalking It Raw!