Five years ago, when I started blogging for a class project in college, I had an agenda for every day of the week. Yes, I wrote a blog post every day. But I only had school and blogging, no job in site then. Fast forward to now, I have a full time job, I have several entrepreneurial adventures, and I am writing a book about The 50 Day Cleanse. So writing a blog post every day keeps me awake in the wee hours of the morning. Even though this is the case today, I still think having a theme for my days will help me as the blogger and you as the reader. Today is 5 Tip Friday.
My 5 Tips for making the cleanse easier
1. Before you start the 5-day water fast, clean out your kitchen. Throw out all the opened processed foods in your fridge and pantry. If some items are unopened, give them to a food bank. Remember that you will be transitioning to a raw, alkaline, high fat vegan eating plan. You’ll be replenishing your kitchen with high alkaline veggies, fats, raw unsalted nuts and seeds, and low sugar fruit such as berries, lemons, and limes.
2. Buy some Himalayan salt rocks, a glass jar with glass lid, plastic or wooden measuring teaspoon, and Fiji water. Make the solution for the Himalayan Sole Water. This water will help you get through the 5 days and beyond. It contains all 84 minerals our bodies need in the precise amounts our bodies need. You’ll only be taking a teaspoon of the solution in more spring water. It’s pretty cheap to make, too. I bought a 5 pound bag of the Himalayan salt rocks three years for $25 and I am still using the same solution and rocks, just adding more rocks one at a time and filling with water, when needed.
3. You’ll also need either a juicer or extractor. I like my NutriBullet Pro. But there are many on the market to choose from. Find one that works for you.
4. Stock up spring water, reverse osmosis water, distilled water, or if you have a kangen water system that’s fine, too. You’re going to be drinking half your body weight in ounces of water each day throughout this cleanse!
5. Since you won’t be spending so much time in the kitchen, you might want to start a new hobby, or creative outlet to get your mind off of thinking about food. Reading books help.
Bonus Tip: Try to rearrange your schedule so you are fasting on your days off from work for at least the second and third day. Why? Because these are the days that can have a big healing crisis on them (headaches, nausea, body aches, flu like symptoms, dizziness, and the like).
I made this smoothie this week and it’s now become one of my favorites!
- 1/2 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped red Beet
- 1/2 cup tart red cherries, raspberries, or strawberries
- 1 red carrot, chopped
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 scoop Warrior Blend protein powder
- 5 drops liquid Vitamin D3
- 1 T Essential Seven Seed Mix
- Water to fill line
Blend and Enjoy!