We all have those moments in our lives that make us stop and rethink our decisions. Or maybe we don’t and it’s just part of my life in the second guessing game I’ve been playing all my life. I only know from my experience; I second-guess myself all the time. Always wondering if I said the right things or did the right things. Always wondering if what I’m doing is right or just right for me. The only time I never second guess my decisions is when I’m standing at my cutting board with a knife in hand ready to tackle yet another meal. My Alkaline Pad Thai is one of those meals where color comes alive in both taste and eye appeal.
This is the salad or meal I take to every big gathering. It’s kind of like my signature dish, but it wasn’t my own, to begin with. This is one of the biggest recipe tweaks I’ve done because I loved the color. I wanted to make for all my allergy prone family and friends where soy, nuts, or sugar isn’t allowed but flavor is still welcomed. The original recipe comes from Oh She Glows, it contains a lot of soy which I believe is bad for our health plus, my husband and I are highly allergic to it.
Totally Raw Alkaline Pad Thai
Yield: 12 large servings
- 4 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 4 large carrots, spiralized
- 2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 6 green onions, thinly julienned (easier to use scissors)
- 2 Tablespoons sprouted golden flax seeds
- 2 Tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 teaspoons unhulled sesame seeds
For the dressing:
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup raw organic sprouted sunflower butter
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons coconut amino acids
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 half raw peeled apple pureed
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- Prep vegetables. Combine all the veggies in a super large bowl. I usually take a pair of kitchen scissors and cut into the salad to make it easier to serve and eat.
- Prepare the dressing by processing all dressing ingredients in a mini processor. Do not pour dressing over salad until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve pour dressing over top. Mix and sprinkle on the seeds.