Today, marks the beginning of a new journey for myself. Beginning has always been the most difficult thing for me to do. I heard a great message over the weekend about asking for what we need and just doing it. It’s scary putting myself out there for the world to see. It’s easy to hide behind words, behind a social media persona. But putting myself out there with photos and videos on the different social media platforms, that’s where I get scared and would rather hide in closet and be incognito. But there’s no comfort in being a ghost. I’m helping my husband prepare for a backpacking trip now that he’s lost almost 70 pounds all the while wanting to go with. But knowing that I haven’t disciplined myself in my eating and exercising to have the capability to take that trip. I needed to change the way I viewed comfort. I need to find comfort in the adventure.
I love my “cooking” adventures, or should I say my “keeping it raw” adventures. I’m in my favorite room of my house…my kitchen. I can spend hours in my kitchen (and have) and never get bored. When I’m prepping a meal, I don’t eat. I’m so immersed in the creativity of the meal, I forget about everything else. It’s like an artist painting or sculpting. I have to remind myself to at least drink water.
I don’t know what’s so frightening for me to get out of my comfort zone and be on a little screen that I have control of. I can press stop whenever I feel like it. I can write up talking points so I’m not confused, and I know where I want to go with the 45 seconds I’ve allotted myself. 45 seconds seems like a blip in time but when you’re in front of the camera it’s an eternity!
Why did I choose 45 seconds?
If you think about all the things you can accomplish with that short amount of time, you can change your life in 45 second increments.
Here are some things you can do in 45 seconds that will change your life.
- Make your bed
- Clean off the dining table
- Wipe down the front of your refrigerator
- Clean your bathroom mirror
- Do 30 crunches, pushups, jumping jacks
- Download a podcast or two
- Download a movie
- Straighten your desk
- Tell someone you love them.
- Send a text message
- Read through some emails
- Close your eyes and breathe!
- Begin planning an adventure
- Say a little prayer.
Spend time doing these 45-second tasks every day and you’ll change parts of your life.
Raw Food Adventure
Raw Vegan Keto Lasagne
Serves 6 hearty helpings
- One recipe Macadamia “Ricotta” Cheese
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise into thin strips (I used a veggie peeler)
- 3 medium purple carrots sliced lengthwise into thin strips (veggie peeler)
- About 1/4 cup snipped purple carrot strips for topping (will look like bacon)
Parsley Pumpkin Seed Pesto
- 1 bunch flat leaf, Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
Whirl it around in a food processor adding up to 2 Tablespoons water if you like your pesto a bit thinner.
Prepping the Lasagna
- Layer zucchini strips in a small rectangular glass casserole dish. It doesn’t matter which direction they go.
- Add some dollops of the macadamia ricotta cheese. Spreading it with a back of a spoon works great. You’ll need to take your time and be patient.
- Add a layer of carrot strips.
- Pesto layer same as the ricotta layer.
- Another layer of zucchini
- Sprinkle on the snipped carrot strips.
Can eat immediately or chilled and eaten later. It’s great the day after.
I’m getting out of my comfort zone and finding comfort in my adventures. How about you! Are you up for an adventure?