Most people equate first meal with breakfast. Breaking the fast of sleeping eight to ten hours. I’ve never been one for eating first thing in the morning and now that I am implementing an 18 hour intermittent fasting plan into my lifestyle breaking my fast later in my day makes sense for me.
What you eat for your first meal will create the kind of day you will have. Since being on a sometimes raw vegan high fat (keto) plan to having a cooked first meal of flax seeds, essential mix, protein bowl, I’m creating the desired impact for my day.
Think about it for a moment
What’s in your first meal/breakfast? Sugary cereal (insulin rush and cravings for more) , a venti vanilla latte (insulin overload and belly fat ignition), a plain coffee with butter or coconut oil (pure acid), or how about that bottle of cola (rust remover and weapon of mass destruction). These are all acidic and will shave years off your life.
Having a first meal that’s alkaline and filled with nutritional ingredients helps your cells create energy by giving them what they desire most. Be good to your cells and your cells will be good to you.
You don’t always have to have a smoothie for your first meal, but with the limitless combinations of veggies and fruits you’ll never run out of ideas. You can have a nice warming porridge as your first meal that’s vegan, plant based, high fat (keto), grain free, and good protein.
Creamy Raspberry Protein Porridge
Makes 2 servings
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 Tablespoons ground golden flax
- 1 Tablespoon essential mix
- 2 Tablespoons vegan protein powder (Warrior Blend by Sunwarrior is my favorite)
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons almond or alternative milk (Ripple is my favorite)
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup frozen berries of choice
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened sunflower butter (my favorite is Once Again)
- 1 dropper full of liquid corn-free stevia (my fav Mother Nature’s Original Sweet Stevia Drops)
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the first five ingredients, making sure there are no hard lumps.
- Add the 1 cup of milk.
- Turn burner on medium low.
- Stir till thickened about 5 – 8 minutes, depending on desired constancy (I like mine a little runny because out will thicken up as it cools).
- Remove from heat.
- Add in the berries, stevia, sunflower butter, coconut, and the 2 Tablespoons of milk.
Happy First Meal whatever time you have it!
Nutrition Facts per serving
Fat: 14.4 grams
Total Carbs: 12.8 grams
Fiber: 9.1 grams
Net Carbs: 3.7 grams
Protein: 15.45 grams