This week I wanted to share with you a Friday Favorite that I never intended to buy. Ever go to Trader Joe’s and come out with things you’ve never bought before? All the time, right? A couple of weeks ago I bought their box of virgin unrefined coconut oil. I was intrigued by it, but not enough to do anything with it so it went into my pantry and there it sat, until I had a conversation with a client about getting more in our diet while we’re out and about.
After that conversation, I went home and realized I had bought something for this purpose. I had these handy coconut oil packets but never really used them, until this last week. I had a couple of coffee meetings and don’t want to add all the creamers and sugars to my coffee so I popped these little cuties in my bag and off I went.
They worked but I had to have one of the baristas cut the top off since they don’t have easy-to-open tops…or they are Laura proof. But it worked. I stirred it in and my coffee turned into a little vegan bulletproof paradise. Then I started thinking about all the other ways I could use these packets while traveling.
Coconut oil packet uses while traveling
- If you mix one packet with a packet of sugar available in your hotel room, you have a soothing foot and body scrub.
- Take one packet and mix it with the used coffee grounds from the coffee pod you just had for breakfast, add a packet of sugar and you have a sweet coffee facial scrub that will wake up your skin and make your skin ultra soft.
- It’s a great way to continue oil pulling on the road.
- Need a deep conditioner, work a packet of the oil through your hair before you shampoo, or after you get out of the pool. It protects your hair from the bad chlorine impacts.
- It also makes the perfect eye makeup remover. Then you can wash your entire face with it and not need a moisturizer.