Yes, I’ve been on gone from WordPress for some time now. I needed a break to catch up on my reading. I’ve been reading through the comments of other recipe and wellness blog sites. One of the most common comment I’ve read is that people don’t have the time or the interest in why you created the recipe or wellness tip. Most of us just scroll to the bottom to see the recipe. So, I’m changing it up. When I post a wellness tip or recipe, that’s all you’ll see. No explanation. Here we go Curried Creamy Carrot Soup
Curried Creamy Carrot Soup
- 1 bunch orange and white carrots (8) chopped
- 1/2 sweet Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon organic virgin unrefined coconut oil
- 5 Tablespoons veggie bouillon
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 can (15-ounces) full fat coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot dissolved in 1/2 cup water (opt)
In a medium saucepan, saute carrots and onions together in coconut oil until onions are translucent. About 15 minutes. Add the veggie bouillon and water. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until carrots are fork tender. About 15 minutes. With a hand blender, puree the soup until creamy. Add the can of coconut milk. Whisk until blended. If you like it a little thicker, you can add the 2 tablespoons of arrowroot dissolved in a 1/2 cup of water. Continue simmering until soup has thickened.
Makes 6 servings
Well there you have it. Curried Creamy Carrot Soup just waiting for a spoon!