I have been decluttering every area of my life from my living space to my work habits, from my social media presence to my simplistic existence, and it’s taught me what’s really important in life! All this decluttering has led me to downsize my cookbook collection. This year I gave cookbooks away as Father’s Day gifts to my sons along with a pound of unique coffee that represented their personality. But the ones I’ve saved I vowed myself to go through and Raw Up my favorite recipes within those pages and make them raw alkaline vegan for the 50 Day Cleanse and beyond.
Velvety Beet Soup is the first one.
- 4 small beets, scrubbed and chopped
- 2 cups diced Italian plums
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon or mint
- 1/2 teaspoon Middle Eastern spice blend (recipe below)
- 3 Tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Whirl first 7 ingredients in a high powered blender or nutribullet.
- Pour into favorite bowl.
- Garnish with onions and celery
Middle Eastern Spice Blend
- 1 teaspoon each: sweet paprika, black pepper, cinnamon, coriander, and cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon each: allspice, cloves
Mix together, store in glass jar for six months.
Variation: Add a dollop of cashew sauce over the top and sprinkle on a bit more spice for heat.