I love the taste of mangoes no matter what they’re in. I came up with this dish on a whim in Harbor Green where I shop. I just picked one of each ingredient because I needed to take a dish to a church function and I had no clue what to make. This dish can be served as is over a salad, or even over grilled chicken or fish. Everywhere I take it, people rave over it and I’m not sure why…because it’s really simple.
- 1 mango, peeled, and chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and small diced
- 1/2 onion of choice (red, yellow, sweet)
- 1 small orange or red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 frozen lemon, shredded (wash whole lemon and freeze)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1/2 -3/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt (depending on how salty you like it)
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
Mix together in a nice serving bowl. Serve at room temp with crudites or chips or as suggest above.
Variation: Add 2 peeled and chopped kiwi (That’s what I did, this time), 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds, 1/2 cup diced pineapple or other fruit of your choice, 1/4 cup diced olives of choice.