- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, small diced with skin on
- 1 avocado, small diced
- 1 large sweet potato, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 cup brown rice
- 5 – 6 ounces organic plain Greek yogurt
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground Habanero pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
1. Cook Brown rice according to package directions. When rice is cooked spread into oiled casserole dish. Top with sliced sweet potatoes.
2. Mix onions, garlic, avocado, apple, beans, yogurt and spices together.
3. Place on top of sweet potato layer.
4. Cover with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Remove cover and sprinkle on shredded cheese is using. Bake another 6 minutes until cheese is melted.