My Favorite Health Books
- Chemical Cuisine by Gloria Gilbere, N.D.: What’s really lurking in your food? This book breaks down some of the chemicals that could be in your food if that food is processed.
- Eat to Live by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.: This book is geared toward how food addictions can cause people to be toxin hungry and crave food we should not want.
- Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills by Russell Blaylock, M. D.: Dr. Blaylock explores how our brains are affected by the excitotoxins like MSG from the food we eat.
- Prescription Alternatives: Hundreds of Safe, Natural, Prescription-free Remedies to Restore and Maintain Your Health, Fourth Edition by Earl Mindell & Virginia Hopkins: A reference manual about how conventional medications affect our bodies and offers alternative treatments to counteract the damage that has already been done.
- Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease by Caldwell B. Esselstyn, M. D.: This book is the culmination of 20 years of nutritional study on how a plant-based diet can reverse and prevent heart disease.
- Seeds of Deception by Jeffrey M. Smith: This book reveals everything the biotech industry does not want anyone to know about like how dangerous genetically modified foods really are, and the cover-ups that are done continually to squelch people’s fears about GMOs.
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals by Michael Pollan: Traces the food chain of four meals from the source to the dinner table. This book makes people question where their food came from.
My Favorite Health Videos
- Forks Over Knives: Shows how choosing plant foods are better for the environment and for our own health.
- Food Inc.: Shows the progression of how food has changed with the use of GMOs, and corporations’ involvement.
- Food Matters: What we eat matters to how we live. This video shows the relationship we have to food, farmers, and the environment.
- Hungry for Change: Shows people who have changed their lives by changing their food choices.
- Super Size Me: Show the progression of eating a diet solely based on fast food can ruin a person’s health.
- Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days: This extreme diet can cure diabetes.
- Farmageddon the Unseen War on American Family Farms: Goes through how family farms are being tossed aside for the conglomerate farms.
- Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead: Show the transformation of one man who gave up his unhealthy processed diet and regained his health.
- Food Stamped: Shows how one couple tried to eat healthy on a food stamp budget.
- Burzynski the Movie – Cancer Is Serious Business: There are cures for cancer.
My Favorite Health Products
- Asea: an immune booster and cell enhancer
- Dandelion Roots and leaves: high in both vitamins and minerals
- The Stick: helps relieve tight muscles.
- Body Ball: Not just for exercising, makes a great chair that engages your core muscles.
My Favorite Websites
- Slimkicker: Stay motivated & accountable with this free website that offers a place to log in your movement, food diaries and different challenges. It offers you points for all the healthy things you do in a day to redeem on prizes or rewards you set.
- EWellnessMag: Wellness is life in balance.
- All Things Healing: This is an online community where you can find answers that will heal your mind, body, and spirit and is compatible with protecting the planet.