I like buying packages of baking items with recipes on the back. How about you? This recipe if from the back of Missy J’s Sweet Aussie Carob Chips. Hubby loves carob more than chocolate. But I must say these are the best chewy chip cookies I’ve ever made with alternative flours.
The Best Chewy Chip Cookies (Original Version from Recipe on package)
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 or more Tablespoons non-dairy milk (I used Macadamia Milk)
- 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup carob chips
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine milk, oil, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet to the dry, add more milk, 1 Tablespoon at a time until a dough forms.
- Fold in Carob Chip.
- Form into a ball and chill in refrigerator or freezer until dough is cold.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Scoop onto a parchment lined cookie sheet allowing enough space for the cookies to spread.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Makes 1 dozen
To make a Keto version, I switched up a version with Monk fruit for the coconut sugar and added stevia sweetened chocolate chips and sunflower seeds to a batch. They did not come out chewy but were crispy like my mom made, but they were still good. Try these out with your combinations and let me know what you come up with. I’m going to try coconut and pumpkin seeds next.