I’ve been sick now for the last five days with the worst cold/sinus infection I’ve ever had. I’ve never had a sinus infection so this is something totally new to me. I thought this was just my allergies from the beautiful Honeysuckle tree that’s blooming outside my kitchen and bedroom window. As much as I dislike my seasonal allergies, I wish I had those instead of this infection. As many of you know I don’t go to doctors; I use holistic home remedies to conquer any infection. But unlike conventional medicines which just cover up the symptoms I GIVE my body a chance to use the remedies I’m giving it. Our wellness is the same way. We need to GIVE OURSELVES A CHANCE to grow in wellness not just for a day, a week, or even a month.
It’s interesting through out my whole illness I’ve had two unopened bottles of nighttime, and daytime cold medicines on my kitchen counter. I refuse to use them because I know that each of them contain harmful chemicals, alcohol, and medicines that stop the healing process. Coughing and sneezing is our bodies way of loosening the mucus and expelling it. Taking a medicine that stops the healing process only pushes the infection deeper into our bodies. The same as having a fever. I had a 103* degree fever for three days and a headache to go along with it. I took some feverfew for the headache and it worked on the fever too. I only have a stuffy nose today, so I know I’m on the mend because this morning was the first day I could smell and taste. Just wish the first thing I could taste wasn’t oil of oregano.
My arsenal of holistic remedies and an extra immune booster that helps the rest do their job better. I am never without it.
- Fenugreek: Loosens mucus; taken as a tea with lemon juice in the morning before food throughout the day.
- Feverfew: Taken in a tincture form it’s great for headaches of any kind. I originally started taking it for migraines over seven years ago.
- Peppermint Oil: 5 to 10 drops mixed with either 2 Tablespoons flax or olive oil; rubbed on the bottom of my feet, and my spine. Helped me breathe while sleeping and soothed my coughing at night so I could sleep.
- Oil of Oregano: Strong natural antibiotic; 4 drops under the tongue 3 times a day
- Elderberry: I take it in tea form, and in an elixir form. Both are good. Elderberry is good for colds and flues.
- Lemon Juice: I drink a hot cup of lemon water every morning even when I’m not sick. I helps get rid of mucus but it also helps the body maintain a more alkaline balance. It is also great as a liver tonic.
- Garlic: A trick I learned from my mom who would always make herself a garlic sandwich with a piece of bread, some butter spread on, and about 10 cloves of crushed garlic. I did it only with a couple of slices of organic chicken breast. I figured can’t taste anything, so what’s the harm. I can taste and smell today.
- My Ace in the Hole that makes all this work better and is helping my body get back to balance. I take ASEA everyday. Now that I’m sick I doubled my dose to 2 ounces four times a day instead of the maintenance dose of 2 ounces twice a day. One thing about being sick and coping with a painful autoimmune problem, the body aches and pains are worse than the infection. I haven’t had any body aches or pains this time. So glad I was able to GIVE my body a chance to see what ASEA can do for it.
Like everything else in life, I always look at what I’m going through and how it relates in other areas of my life. Each step of our wellness journey is filled with choices of how we treat ourselves and how we treat others. It’s a known fact that what we GIVE to other people will come back to us. We can’t love our neighbors unless we love ourselves. We can’t GIVE other people a chance without first giving ourselves a chance. We can’t sit and hope for things to change without participating in the change.
Want your life to change?
Give yourself a chance!
Give your body a chance!
Give ASEA a chance!