When a child enters kindergarten he or she isn’t expected to know everything or the teachers would not have a job. Each grade level a child learns more and more and by the time they graduate high school they know more than how to read and write. But our education doesn’t stop when we graduate, like many people think. To expand your horizons and open the doors of opportunity you need to continually educate yourself.
It seems like a life time ago that I graduated from college, it was only last July. I’ve learned more since I graduated than all my years in school. Why? Because information changes on a daily basis. As a person who loves to learn new things, I am constantly looking for ways to reeducate myself in different areas to help myself grow.
When we live our lives in stagnancy, we close off the world around us without even knowing it. Through educating ourselves we break free from the closed off box we built for ourselves and experience life to fuller degree. No more are we just shining our lights and only blinding ourselves in our own little box.
Here are some ways educate yourself:
- Workshops: If you want to learn how to build, cook, start a new craft, repair, or take better care yourself check with your favorite home improvement stores, craft stores, kitchen gadget stores, or health food stores. They usually post new workshops online and in their store.
- YouTube: A wealth of information. Click here to learn more.
- Mentors: This is one of the best places to learn new skills and especially when you’re in business. I love my mentor. He is an asset to my success because not only does he want me to succeed but he motivates me to be a better me.
- Seminars: I give free health seminars all the time, there is a wealth of information that can be learned at them. My team of presenters at these seminars are doctors, massage therapists, chiropractors, naturopaths, nurse practitioners, and myself all explaining how new breakthroughs in health can and will affect your life.
- Webinars: I love webinars especially when they are given by experts in there field.
- Friends: How many times do we run to our friends and say, “You’re really good at this or that, can you teach me how to do it?” How many times have our friends wanted to share what they’re learning about with you? If your friend comes to you and says “I’m learning about this new health technology that’s changing my life and I thought you’d like to know about it.” Don’t shut the door on them you may just have found another way to educate yourself.